The Delhi University Law Entrance Exam, or DU LLB, is one of the most popular law entrance exams in India. Every year, thousands of students from across the country sit for the exam in hopes of securing a spot at one of Delhi University's
prestigious law schools.
So, what are the advantages of cracking DU LLB?
For starters, DU LLB
is one of the most sought-after courses in India. A degree from Delhi University opens a world of opportunities, both in terms of further studies and career prospects. The benefits of pursuing a law degree from Delhi University are many – from gaining valuable legal knowledge and skills to networking with some of the best legal minds in the country.
What's more, cracking DU LLB also gives you a chance to pursue a successful career in law
. After completing your degree, you can choose to practice as a lawyer, work in corporate legal departments or take up teaching positions at law schools
. There are endless possibilities open to those who have cracked DU LLB!
If you're planning on taking the DU LLB entrance exam
, here's what you need to know. The eligibility criteria for DU LLB are that you must have completed your graduation with minimum 50% marks. As for preparation, it is advisable to start early and give yourself plenty of time to revise all the important topics covered in the syllabus along with covering the past years papers
. Some key topics to focus on include constitutional law, torts, contracts and criminal law.
The advantages of cracking DU LLB entrance exam
There are many reasons why DU LLB is one of the most sought-after courses in India. Firstly, Delhi University is one of the most prestigious universities in the country and a degree from here carries a lot of weightages. Secondly, the course curriculum is very comprehensive and covers all aspects of law. Thirdly, pursuing a law degree from Delhi University gives you an edge over other candidates in the job market. Finally, the career prospects after completing DU LLB
are very good.
In law, the judiciary, politics, bureaucracy, academics, corporations, and every other conceivable field in India and overseas, DU LLB graduates have earned the top positions.
Chief Justices MM Punchhi, BN Kirpal, and YK Sabharwal
were all graduates of the University of Delhi when they served as chief justices of the Indian Supreme Court, beginning with Lord Chief Justice Maurice Gwyer (1937–1943),
who was also VC of the university till 1950.
The only law school in India with seven alumni now serving as judges on our highest court is Delhi Law Faculty. Alumni of the DU LLB include Justices AK Sikri, DY Chandrachud, Rohinton Nariman, Justice Madan B. Lokur, Sanjay Kishan Kaul, Naveen Kumar, and Deepak Gupta.
The majority of the judges on the Delhi High Court are former students of DU LLB
. Several Chief Justices of High Courts and numerous judges in numerous High Courts have received their LLB degrees from DU
DU LLB graduates have attained nearly every top position in this nation, from cabinet ministers in the federal government to chief ministers and ministers in different states
; from officers in the civil and judicial services of the union and states to attorney generals, solicitors/additional solicitor generals of the union, and advocate generals of states
In the academic world, more than a dozen vice chancellors
and hundreds of India's top law professors are DU LLB graduates
. Delhi Law Faculty may be the one law school that has contributed the most professors and scholars to the legal academia in India, regardless of whether they are prominent private law schools like Jindal Global Law School or central universities like DU, JNU, BHU or National Law Universities located all over the country. Alumni of the DU law school have landed teaching jobs in numerous universities abroad, including those in Singapore, Hong Kong, the USA, the UK, Europe, Australia, and other countries
If we look at legal firms, the majority of the founding partners and partners in Delhi and many law firms across the nation are graduates of Delhi faculty. In the USA, UK, and most other countries, you may find DU law graduates working in prestigious law firms
Both judges and the majority of the Supreme Court's and Delhi High Court's top attorneys are graduates of Delhi faculty
So, with a good LLB degree and education at DU or at any top law school, one can become whatever one desires.
How to crack DU LLB entrance exam
To be eligible to take the DU LLB entrance exam, candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates who are appearing for their final year exams are also eligible to apply. The age limit for candidates is 20 years as on 1st July of the year of examination. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the DU LLB entrance exam.
How to prepare for DU LLB entrance exam
DU LLB preparation
requires a strategic approach as the competition is quite high and only the top 3,000 candidates are selected for admission to the law course at Delhi University.
Candidates should focus on all sections of the syllabus equally and give mock tests regularly to assess their progress. Time management is also an important skill to crack DU LLB entrance exam within the allotted time of three hours.
Some important books for DU LLB preparation are:
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning by Arihant Experts
- Law of Contracts by Avtar Singh
- Constitution of India by M Laxmikanth
- Mercantile Law by N D Kapoor
- Criminal Law by Ratanlal & Dhirajlal
What are the important topics for DU LLB entrance exam?
The important topics covered in the DU LLB syllabus are:
- Constitutional Law
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Civil Procedure Code & Limitation Act
- Evidence Act
- Alternate Dispute Resolution including Arbitration & Conciliation Act
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Public International Law & Human Rights
What are the tips and tricks to crack DU LLB entrance exam?
Candidates must keep the following tips and tricks in mind while preparing for DU LLB entrance exam
- Start preparing early: It is important to start preparing for the exam well in advance so that you have sufficient time to cover the entire syllabus. Candidates should also solve previous years’ question papers and take mock tests to get an idea of the pattern and level of difficulty of the exam.
- Focus on your strengths and weaknesses: Candidates should focus more on their weak areas and spend less time on their strong areas. This will help them score better in the overall exam.
- Time management: Time management is crucial to crack any competitive exam. Candidates should practice solving questions within the allotted time so that they can attempt all questions in the actual exam.
- Prioritize topics: Some topics are more important than others from the perspective of marks distribution. Candidates should prioritize these topics and devote more time to them during preparation. Also give mock tests regularly.
- Cracking the DU LLB entrance exam is one of the best things that a student can do for their career in India. The advantages of doing so are many, from getting into one of the most sought-after courses in the country to having excellent career prospects after graduation.
- To crack DU LLB, students must first meet the eligibility criteria, which includes having a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. They should then start preparing for the exam by studying the important topics and practicing as much as possible. With hard work and dedication, any student can crack DU LLB and set themselves up for success.
- Pursuing a law degree from Delhi University has many benefits. Firstly, you get to study at one of the best universities in the country. Secondly, the course curriculum is very comprehensive and covers all aspects of law. Thirdly, you get an edge over other candidates in the job market. Finally, the career prospects after completing DU LLB are very good.