In January 2019, the CLAT Application Form will be available online. To register for CLAT 2019, please visit the official website i.e. clat.ac.in. When filling out the form, applicants must attach the color photograph and signature of their passport size.
CLAT 2019 is scheduled for May 12, 2019 (temporary) for this year. Application fees are INR 4000 for General / OBC and other categories and INR 3500 for SC / ST applicants. No changes can be made after the payment has been made.
To check the specifications defined by Odisha National Law University, Cuttack for the documents, read the following article. No hall ticket will be issued to candidates who fail to scan and upload the photo, signature or documents at the time of registration.
Instructions for CLAT Photograph Specification
The full guidelines and instructions for uploading photographs in the CLAT 2019 application form are listed below:
CLAT Photo Dimensions: – 200 X 230 pixels (preferred)
- Photograph must be a color image of recent passport size.
- It must have a background that is white or very light.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If you take the picture on a sunny day, have the sun behind you or put yourself in the shade so you don't squint and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you need to use flash, make sure "red - eye" is not available.
- If you are wearing glasses, make sure there are no reflections and you can see your eyes clearly.
CLAT Photo Size: - Between 20 KB – 50 KB
CLAT 2019 Photo format: - JPEG only
Note If the file size exceeds 50 KB, adjust the scanner settings such as DPI resolution, color no. etc. during the scanning process.
Guidelines for CLAT Signature Specifications
There are certain guidelines for uploading and scanning signature in the online form provided by the conducting body. They're the following:
CLAT Signature Dimensions: - 140 X 60 pixels
- The signature must be done on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Only the signature of the applicant is applicable, not any other person.
- The particular will be uploaded to the application, admit card, and where necessary.
- At the time of the examination, the signature on the admit card and attendance sheet should match the signature uploaded.
CLAT Signature Size: - 10 KB to 20 KB
CLAT 2019 Signature format: - JPEG only
Scanning the Photograph and Signature
While scanning the required information, it is important to check the following few instructions:
Do’s and Don’ts for CLAT Photograph and Signature
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Colour to True Colour
- File Size must be the same as mentioned above.
- Place the photograph/signature on the scanner and scan the same.
- After scanning, crop the images to remove the unneeded area.
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
- The size or resolution of the images can be modified using MS Paint, Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Adobe Photoshop.
- Do not take smartphone photos. The photo to be uploaded must be clicked professionally and of high quality.
- Avoid abstract or dark backgrounds in the photograph.
- The candidate's face (between chin and forehead) must occupy the photograph's area of more than 50 percent.
- Candidates are not allowed to wear dark/tinted glasses. Only clear lenses are permitted.
- If a candidate wears glasses regularly, no undue reflection or glare in the eyes must be ensured.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- The candidate's face must be clearly visible and the image must not contain unnecessary shadows or reflections.
- On white paper, the signature must be done. Any other signature background may result in rejection.
- Also, signature must be done with black ink only. All other variants of inks must be avoided.